Monthly review: June
What I've worked on
Four code contribution got merged this month:
- Add regression test for endless loop
- Add regression test for
- Cleanup: Use rustc's
- Deprecate regex_macro lint
I've reviewed and approved 13 pull requests.
Apart from that, I migrated this blog from Jekyll to Zola and I have a separate blog post in the pipeline for that. I also started work on a private project that uses Rust (tide) in the backend but it's too early for details.
Reviewing pull requests
Clippy has now been using rust-highfive for two months and we're down to 14
open PRs currently.
rust-highfive has removed so much pressure and guilt, I
can't say enough how much it helped me with long-term motivation as a reviewer.
qwerty touch typing
I didn't practice enough touch typing in May so I'm still not consistently writing at 80WPM, rather at 70WPM. However, since I'm using it every day, my vim muscle memory is back to what it was before. At the end of June I started having some minor pain in my left hand due to an inconvenient CTRL key placement. I've since changed that and hope it will be better this way.
- My primary goal for July is to get one of my private projects to a finished MVP that I can talk about.
- I think that my Clippy activity will stay at the current level for now.
- Reviews will get the highest priority and I will continue to fix bugs.
- I want to do daily touch typing exercises again.