PiDefender Week 2
I had more important stuff to work on, this week. It's the usual madness at the end of every semester. Projects piling up and exams are coming closer each day. So I have to commit a lot of time to that. Luckily, I'm done with almost all of the projects, so I can focus on learning and finishing PiDefender.
Due to that I cut down on a lot of stuff I was going to do with PiDefender. Here's a list of what initially was going to be in, but now isn't making it:
- Possible boss mechanics
- Main screen fanciness (random ship movement in the background)
- Circle diameter is based on window size.
- Loot drops
- Player docks on cannon, instead of passing through the planet.
Did I mention that I switched to Linux Mint + dwm? This made me realize that the game crashes on Linux. So far, I didn't really investigate the crash, but I honestly have no clue why that happens. It's running fine on Windows and LÖVE claims to work on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
That's also the reason why there is no download this week. However, if you feel adventurous, you can still download the source, .zip it, rename it to .love and run it. (Make sure that main.lua is at the root of the .zip file)
What's left to do
Increasing difficulty. I want this game to be more challenging!
- If the player is hit by his own fire, he looses a life.
I want to add one more enemy type, sort of like a strategic bomber:
- Stays at distance, but moving.
- Deals more damage/second than the suicidal enemies.
- Can take multiple hits
I also want to add an AOE weapon for the player:
- Works in the same way as the projectile.
- Kills everything within a specific radius, including the player
See you next week!