I have just set up a sponsorship profile on GitHub 🎉
The past two years I have been working on Clippy in my free time, sometimes before and sometimes after my full-time programming job. To date I have contributed over 200 pull requests to Clippy, Rust and other Rust related projects. If you feel like my work is worth supporting, you now have the option to do so!
Some of my past contribution highlights include:
- Fixing of multiple crashes in Clippy
- Adding rustfix support for the Clippy testsuite
- Rewriting a Clippy python developer script in Rust
- Adding the initial version of the lint writing documentation for Clippy
- The missing_const_for_fn lint
At the time of this writing, I'm working on:
- Slowly replacing Rust's diagnostics emitter, the code that formats Rust's awesome error messages
- Adding a custom ICE message to Clippy
You can always check what I'm currently working on, in this GitHub project.
What about rewards?
I've set the bar for rewards high. I only have limited time every day to work on open source and want to spend that time on the Rust things I'm passionate about. This makes sure I'm motivated for the tasks I choose to work on.
To keep my work sustainable, I make one commitment for now: I will post monthly reviews publicly here on the blog. These reviews will include:
- A special shout-out to new sponsors (unless you don't want to be mentioned)
- Review of what I've worked on during the past month
- Goals for the next month
- Reflections on my work, productivity and motivation for the past month
- As I'm freeing up more time to work on open-source based on sponsorships, there will be more things coming in the future, for sure
If you have any questions or feedback, I'm happy to talk on Twitter or in private at email@example.com.